When you are a defendant in a lawsuit, testifying well is the single most important thing you can do to prevail in court. Do you know what it takes to testify effectively? What are the pitfalls you should avoid? This webinar will give you the tools to testify well and advocate for yourself in court.
- How testifying as the defendant is different than testifying as a witness in a criminal case.
- Difference between deposition and trial testimony and why the differences are important.
- Dispelling the myth of “just say yes, no or I do not recall.”
- Action steps you can take to be prepared for your next deposition or trial testimony.
- Differences between testifying in front of a judge and a jury.
Dawn Parsons brings 23 years of criminal prosecutorial experience to her training. During her time with the Jackson County Prosecutor's Office in Kansas City, Missouri, she served as first chair in over 90 felony jury trials, lead the Drug Unit/Street Crimes Division for 9 years,and served as the Chief Litigation Specialist for the office prior to beginning work in private practice in 2015. During her tenure as prosecutor, she trained hundreds of Kansas City police officers in the areas of personal and professional liability related to their work as police officers. Dawn earned her J.D. from the University of Missouri - Kansas City.