This two-hour webinar will teach participants the following:
- Effective strategies for recruiting a diverse pool of qualified candidates—what’s working?
- Strategies for increasing representation from within your community.
- How diverse is your eligible hiring pool and are your recruiting efforts falling short of representing that diversity?
Documenting your day-to-day recruiting efforts and hiring practices to:
- Verify internally that you are engaging in a good faith effort to create a department that reflects the community you serve, and
- Defend your agency against claims of willful discrimination or deliberate indifference if those claims are unfounded.
Long-term strategies for increasing diversity in your agency and in your profession
Matt Dolan is a licensed attorney in the State of Illinois, who specializes in training and advising public safety agencies in matters of labor and employment law. His practice experience focuses on employment discrimination claims brought under federal law, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 ("Title VII"), the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act ("ADEA"). He received his Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from DePaul University and his J.D. from Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
Matt serves as a public safety instructor with Dolan Consulting Group. He has trained and advised thousands of public safety professionals throughout the United States in matters of legal liability related to personnel management.